Institute for the Desert Arabian Horse
Ethics Statement – Officers and Directors
Adopted September 2007
In accepting election and/or appointment to the Board of Directors of the Institute for the Desert Arabian Horse and in the conduct of all activity related to such a post, newly appointed Directors, and Directors and Officers continuing past their initial term of office, affirm their understanding of and conformance to the following:
- Officers and Directors commit to perform all the functions of officers and directors as described in the Bylaws of the Institute for the Desert Arabian Horse.
- Officers and Directors promote a high level of service to the Institute for the Desert Arabian horse while observing ethical standards.
- Officers and Directors avoid situations in which personal interests might be served or financial benefits gained at the expense of the members and supporters of the Institute for the Desert Arabian Horse, colleagues or the organization.
- Any Officer or Director disqualifies her/himself immediately whenever the appearance of a conflict of interest exists.
- Officers and Directors distinguish clearly in their actions and statements between their personal philosophies and attitudes and those of the Institute for the Desert Arabian Horse, acknowledging the formal position of the Board of Directors even if they personally disagree.
- Officers and Directors respect the confidential nature of certain aspects of their work on the Board of Directors of the Institute for the Desert Arabian Horse. When uncertain of the level of confidentiality expected on any item of business, any Officer or Director seeks clarification from the Board in session or between sessions, prior to acting or disclosing any confidential matter.
- Officers and Directors understand that violation of any of the foregoing conditions of service may serve as grounds for removal from the Board of Directors.